Burning an NFT
Burning an NFT effectively destroys the token and removes it entirely from the Ethereum blockchain. When you burn an NFT, the transaction is irreversible.
To burn an NFT, visit your profile.
Find the NFT you would like to burn and click on the "Manage" button.
If you do not have the "Manage" button you will need to remove the NFT from Foundation’s marketplace.
- If the NFT is listed, you will need to unlist it.
- If the Buy Now price is set, you need to remove it.
After you have removed the NFT from the marketplace, click on "Manage"
- Click “Burn NFT.” You will need to pay a gas fee to complete the transaction.
Removing a Collection
If you'd like to remove a collection that you created on Foundation, you'll need to burn the NFTs within the collection, then destroy the collection by following these steps:
- Burn any NFTs within the collection - How to burn an NFT
- Navigate back to the empty collection
- Click the three dots, and select "Self-destruct"
- If the "Self-destruct" option isn't available, try appending your collection URL with "/self-destruct" like this:
Note that the "Self-destruct" option should only be available if the collection was created on Foundation. If you encounter any issues, please reach out to Foundation Support and we'll be happy to help.